The Tenstorrent team combines technologists from different disciplines who come together with a shared passion for AI and a deep desire to build great products. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems.
Find out more about our culture.
In-House Legal Counsel
Tenstorrent is looking for an In-House Legal Counsel to support our growing organization. The In-House Legal Counsel will be our main point of contact for legal matters which include risk mitigation through contract/policy reviews and relationship management with external counsel.
- Inhouse legal counsel for Tenstorrent managing a wide range of legal aspects related to the business, including sales, marketing, customer contracts, supplier & vendor contracts, IP contracts, employment matters, insurance, etc.
- Understands regulatory risks and international trade and proactively advises Tenstorrent leadership on issues and mitigation strategies.
- Ensure compliance with the internal controls, statutory regulations and other formalities
- Negotiating and drafting complex agreements and other legal documentation on commercial, consumer, privacy, IP and IT law matters. Coordinating external counsel on the same activities when required.
- Working with external counsels, internal senior management, customers, vendors and offshore partners.
- Experience with IP agreements, employment agreements, customer & supplier contracts, warranties, M&A and IPO transactions.
Skills & Experience
- 8+ years experience of Legal Counsel in high tech
- JD licensed in the Province of Ontario
- Strong focus on commercial law and contracts, regulatory compliance
- Experience with semiconductor industry and the related contracts highly desired.
- Proven ability to match legal expertise to commercial business context and organizational objectives.
- Great business judgement with solid technical, analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to organize a large workload; and handle several tasks concurrently within time constraints and under pressure
- High level of agency, personal responsibility, time management and follow through skills.
- Consistent, dependable, reliable, friendly, makes connections and builds rapport easily.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across the company and externally.
- Great communicator in all formats.
- Extremely detail oriented
- Great listening and observation skills, able to ask great questions, give and receive feedback exceptionally well.
- Positive attitude, high energy, adaptable yet assertive
Locations: Toronto, Ontario
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.