The Tenstorrent team combines technologists from different disciplines who come together with a shared passion for AI and a deep desire to build great products. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems.
Find out more about our culture.
CPU Verification Engineer - AI Silicon Design:
Functional verification of high-performance CPUs going into industry leading AI/ML architecture. The person coming into this role will help define DV strategies and execute on them while working alongside with a group of highly experienced engineers across various domains of the AI chip.
- Define DV requirements for design changes resulting from rapidly evolving AI/ML models; work with engineers across domains to understand real world use cases
- Develop DV testplans for ISA and microarchitecture and execute on them
- Design and develop component, block and core level testbenches including stimulus engines, microarchitectural models, checkers
- Build architectural tools for ISA level verification
- Develop stimulus generators that scale from pre-silicon to emulation and post-silicon domain
- Evaluate and integrate open-source toolchains into the DV flow
- Develop DV environment, tools and infrastructure to enable functional verification for pre-silicon, emulation and post-silicon
Experience and qualifications:
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS with at least 5 years of experience
- Experience with computer architecture/system components/network/fabric as a part of a CPU, ASIC or SOC design team
- Verification methodologies and techniques – Simulation/debug, TB development, stimulus, checking, coverage, infrastructure, tools
- Experience with C++ / SV / UVM as well as scripting languages
- Experience with assembly level programming
- Experience with hardware description languages (Verilog, VHDL) and simulators (VCS, NC, Verilator)
- Strong problem solving and debug skills across various levels of design hierarchies
Locations: Santa Clara, CA; Austin, TX or Toronto, ON
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.