The Tenstorrent team combines technologists from different disciplines who come together with a shared passion for AI and a deep desire to build great products. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems.
Find out more about our culture.
CPU Architect - AI Silicon:
At Tenstorrent, we are trailblazing industry’s first dynamic artificial intelligence architecture. We are building best-in-class silicon and software stack for AI/ML workloads.
Software 2.0 is redefining the computing paradigm. Do you want to join a dynamic team of computer architects focused on building the leading hardware platform for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence?
- Collaborate with the software team and platform architecture team to understand CPU hardware requirements for AI accelerator compiler, OS, video/image/voice processing, security, networking, and virtualization technology. Identify the application performance bottlenecks.
- Identify representative benchmarks for the software applications. Use the benchmarks and the performance model to perform data-driven analysis to evaluate software, architecture, and u-architecture solutions to improve performance, power efficiency, or reduce hardware.
- Set CPU architecture direction based on the data analysis and work with a cross-functional team to achieve the best hardware/software solutions to meet PPA goals.
- Develop a cycle-accurate CPU model that describes the microarchitecture, use it for evaluation of new features.
- Collaborate with RTL and Physical design engineers to make power, performance, and area trade-offs.
- Drive analysis and correlation of performance feature both pre and post-silicon.
Experience and qualifications:
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS
- Strong background in CPU ISA's, u-architecture research, and performance benchmarks.
- Understanding SOC fabric, coherency protocols, memory technology, and accelerator technology is a plus.
- Prior experience or strong understanding of ML/AI algorithms, compiler, and OS kernel is a plus.
- Proficient in C/C++ programming. Experience in the development of highly efficient C/C++ CPU models.
Locations: Austin, TX; Santa Clara, CA or Toronto, ON
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.