The Tenstorrent team combines technologists from different disciplines who come together with a shared passion for AI and a deep desire to build great products. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems.
Find out more about our culture.
PCB Design Engineer
As a key member of our System Engineering team, you will be involved in an array of tasks from new designs and testing, to making recommendations that improve existing designs, to chip bring up activities. You will work to improve our existing processes and library management.
- Work in a team and independently to design and create PCB layouts in compliance with high speed memory interfaces, networking technologies, multi-board interconnects, and EMC compliance
- Perform simulations or analyses of high speed interconnects
- Be a point of contact for PCB vendors and contract manufacturers to resolve technical queries and improve our internal design requirements.
- Other duties assigned from time to time
- 5+ years of experience required in a PCB Board Design Engineer role including:
- Self-starter with a proven ability to work well in a team and independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with PLM systems such as Agile, SAP, or similar
- Experience with managing PCB vendor relations, extracting design requirements and updating internal documentation
- Experience with common assembly requirements and terminology, fab notes and common design practices
- Experience with a large ECAD tool such as Cadence, Mentor or Altium, is required
- Familiar with 16+ layer boards
- Exposure to HDI technologies such as micro-vias and the trade-offs
- Familiar with designing stackups in concert with feedback from the PCB vendor
- Experience with mid to high speed board materials such as Megtron 4, Megtron 6, and Tachyon-100G
- 10Gbps+ design practices and optimization, clearance and crosstalk requirements
- Exposure to S-Parameters and COM metrics
- DC-DC supply layout with exposure to EMI/EMC design requirements in both conducted and/or radiated emissions
Exposure to the following is an asset:
- Altium Designer 20 or newer including some 3D MCAD interaction
- Central library systems, deployment and maintenance
- Trade-offs for high volume designs in both stackup selection, mixed technology or stub mitigation strategies
- TNV/ELV high voltage awareness for safety critical designs
- High current design practices
- PDN and/or SI extraction and familiarity
Location: Toronto, Canada