The Tenstorrent team combines technologists from different disciplines who come together with a shared passion for AI and a deep desire to build great products. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems.
Find out more about our culture.
Software Runtime Staff Engineer:
- Provide technical guidance and direction to junior staff member
- Work closely across teams to discover the hardware and software requirements of current and future machine learning applications
- Develop performance analysis and debug tools
- Develop firmware for Tenstorrent hardware
- Develop highly optimized kernels in C++ and assembly to implement complex ML operations
- Analyze, optimize, and fine-tune performance of key machine learning applications on various configurations of Tenstorrent hardware
Qualifications & experience:
- Extensive working experience with one or more: firmware, low-level programming, optimizing kernels, hardware debug
- Close familiarity with computer architecture, comfortable working with hardware
- 4+ years of experience working with algorithms, data structures, and software development
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or Engineering Science
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work across multiple teams
- Masters/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or Engineering Science
Locations: Austin, TX; Santa Clara, CA or Toronto, ON
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.