The Tenstorrent team combines technologists from different disciplines who come together with a shared passion for AI and a deep desire to build great products. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems.
Find out more about our culture.
Physical Design Engineer - AI Silicon Design
Physical design for high-performance designs going into industry leading AI/ML architecture. The person coming into this role will be involved in all implementation aspects from synthesis to tapeout for various IPs on the chip. The work is done alongside with a group of highly experienced engineers across various domains of the AI chip.
- Define PD requirements by working closely with the front-end team, understand the chip architecture and drive physical aspects early in the design cycle
- Physical design tasks including such as synthesis, PnR, timing closure, area improvement, floorplanning, clocking, I/O planning and power optimization
- Discussions with 3rd party IP providers, foundry partners and design services
- End to end tasks from flow development to sign-off
- Deploy innovative techniques for improving power, performance and area of the design, drive experiments with RTL, and evaluate synthesis, timing and power results
Experience and qualifications:
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS with at least 5 years of industry experience
- Hands-on experience with synthesis, block and chip level implementation with industry standard PnR flows and tools
- Strong experience in SOC/ASIC/GPU/CPU design flows on taped out designs, expertise in timing closure at block/chip levels and ECO flows
- Experience with back-end design tools such as Primetime, Innovus, RedHawk, etc.
- Knowledge of low-power design flows such as power gating, multi-Vt and voltage scaling
- Strong programming skills in Tcl/Perl/Shell/Python
- Excellent understanding of logic design fundamentals and gate/transistor level implementation
- Exposure to DFT is an asset
- Prior experience working on high performance technology nodes and understanding of deep sub-micron design problems/solutions
- Strong problem solving and debug skills across various levels of design hierarchies
Locations: Austin, TX; Santa Clara, CA or Toronto, ON
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer