The Tenstorrent team combines technologists from different disciplines who come together with a shared passion for AI and a deep desire to build great products. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems.
Find out more about our culture.
Physical Design Flow Engineer - AI Silicon:
Develop physical design flow for high-performance designs going into industry leading AI/ML architecture. The person coming into this role will be involved in all aspects of optimizing flows from synthesis to tape-out for various IPs on the chip. The work is done alongside a group of highly experienced engineers across various domains of the AI chip.
- Work closely with physical design team and tool vendors to define flow requirements
- Flow tasks may include enabling targets such as floor-planning, synthesis, PnR, timing and phyv closure
- Optimize and support PnR flow to ensure quality results on schedule
- Discussions with vendor tool providers, foundry partners and design services
- End to end tasks from flow development to sign-off
- Deploy innovative techniques for improving power, performance and area of the design, drive experiments with PD, and evaluate PnR, timing and power results
Experience and qualifications:
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS with at least 5 years of industry experience
- Hands-on experience with synthesis, block and chip level implementation with industry standard PnR flows and tools
- Strong experience in SOC/ASIC/GPU/CPU design flows on taped out designs, expertise in timing closure at block/chip levels and ECO flows
- Experience with back-end design tools such as Primetime, Innovus, RedHawk, etc.
- Knowledge of low-power design flows such as power gating, multi-Vt and voltage scaling
- Strong programming skills in Tcl/Perl/Shell/Python
- Excellent understanding of logic design fundamentals and gate/transistor level implementation
- Exposure to DFT is an asset
- Prior experience working on high performance technology nodes and understanding of deep sub-micron design problems/solutions
- Strong problem solving and debug skills across various levels of design hierarchies
- Multiple geographies: Santa Clara, Austin, Toronto
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.