The Tenstorrent team combines technologists from different disciplines who come together with a shared passion for AI and a deep desire to build great products. We value collaboration, curiosity, and a commitment to solving hard problems.
Find out more about our culture.
Debug and Trace RTL/Microarchitecture Engineer
Microarchitecture and RTL Design focused on Debug and Trace Logic for high-performance CPUs. The person coming into this role will help define the overall design for debug strategy, lead the microarchitecture and RTL development for this domain.
- Define Design for Debug requirements for a from-scratch high performance and architect the overall debug capabilities and infrastructure
- Develop detailed microarchitecture for debug and trace logic for a server class CPU based on RISCV ISA
- RTL coding in Verilog leveraging on both industry tools as well as open-source infrastructure
- Work with design, test and post silicon validation teams to deploy debug features
- Drive trade-offs for your logic by working closely with performance, DV and physical design engineers to craft optimal solutions that meet the design goals
- Deploy innovative techniques for improving power, performance and area of the design, drive experiments with RTL and evaluate synthesis, timing and power results
- Debug RTL/logic issues across various hierarchies (core, chip) in both pre-silicon and post-silicon environment
- Enhance RTL design environment, tools and infrastructure
Experience and qualifications:
- BS/MS/PhD in EE/ECE/CE/CS with at least 5 years of experience
- Experience with Debug, Trace, JTAG and other design for debug (DFD) domains for an x86, ARM or RISCV based CPU
- Experience with computer architecture/system components/network/fabrics as a part of a CPU, ASIC or SOC design team
- Expertise in logic design and ability to evaluate functional, performance, timing and power for you design
- Strong experience with hardware description languages (Verilog, VHDL) and simulators (VCS, NC, Verilator)
- Expertise in microarchitecture definition and specification development
- Prior experience in industry standard ISAs – ARM, RISC-V, X86 preferred
- Strong problem solving and debug skills across various levels of design hierarchies
We have presence in Toronto (CAN), Austin, Santa Clara, Portland, Boston, and Raleigh (US), as well as Bangalore (India), and Cambridge (UK). We are open to remote candidates on a case by case basis.
Tenstorrent offers a highly competitive compensation package and benefits, and we are an equal opportunity employer.